100% Made in The U.S.A.
Improves Playing Consistency
Take Your Skill to the Next Level
Original, Pure and Hardened
Meticulously designed and made from superior material,
the Dragon's Heart Guitar Pick is the best playing pick available.
Dragon's Heart Guitar Picks are the result of a painstaking personal endeavor to develop the ideal guitar pick. Our Picks are formed from a carefully selected materials. Thise specific grades of polyamide-imide are often used in aerospace applications as replacement for metallic alloys.
- The low friction coefficient makes Dragon's Heart Guitar Picks extremely fast playing.
- The high erosion resistance makes Dragon's Heart Guitar Picks ideal for enduring the punishment of stringed instrument play.
- Beyond this superior material, lies the depth of our pick design. Though our pick is thick compared to industry standards, we have incorporated a precision designed bevel. Subsequently, it plays as easily as a thin pick while offering the control and consistency of a thicker pick.
In addition, the Dragon's Heart has three optimized playing edges. Each of the three playing edges have been scientifically designed to cater to different picking styles.
- The primary lower edge offers the greatest balance between speed and attack.
- The sharp right upper lobe offers a very aggressive attack while maintaining speed and consistency.
- The rounded left upper lobe was designed with fast strumming and harmonics in mind.
The Core of the Dragon's Heart Guitar Picks
Hundreds of different material variations were considered in the development of The Dragon's Heart Guitar Pick. Properties such as friction coefficient, erosion resistance, tensile strength, flexibility and production process requirements were evaluated. Some of the materials include polyoxymethylene, polymethyl methacrylate, chlorinated polyvinyl chloride, polyvinyl chloride, polyether ether ketone, low-density polyethylene, high-density polyethylene, aliphatic polyamides, polyimides, molybdenum disulphide filled polyamide, phenol formaldehyde, polypropylene, polyurethane, polytetrafluoroethylene, polyphenylene sulfide compounds, nitrocellulose compounds, polyamide-imide, ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene, polyetherimide and many variations of these types of materials. In the end, polyamide-imide, or PAI for short, was clearly the best all around core material for optimum performance.
Evaluation and Testing
63 different picks were evaluated - selected from the most popular styles and those used by top artists in the industry.
Though a subjective analysis was part of this process, each pick was precision measured for string displacement, curve radii, attack angles, return stroke distance and continuous stroke distance; relative to various grip placements and playing styles.
After many stages of evolution, the optimal design was precision blueprinted for injection-mold production.